The regulation of the Flexible Cords and Cables requires that in the CSA standard C22.2 No. 49-98 edition, the following instructions and brief introduction are made to the reader in order to make the reader understand the requirements before the development and manufacture of the CSA, so that three parts of its marking, structural requirements and safety tests are made. Marking (Marking)
The wire is marked (mandatory requirement): the wire must have 610 mm at least once. 1. company name (or CSA contract number, registered trademark / business name). 2. temperature class (greater than minimum temperature must be printed on line material).
3. wire type, line diameter and number of bars (such as SPT-2 16AWGX3C). Note: the Non-integral (double insulation) in the CSA standard can not be labeled "NI" on the web. This standard is only regarded as a structural difference.
4. burning grade (FT1, FT2 or FT4, if the wire meets FT4 or VW-1, it does not need to indicate FT1 or FT2, if FT1 is not labeled FT2). Mark on the wire (with the following words to be printed)
VW-1SC is the wire rod core line also must pass the vertical combustion experiment meaning VW-1 is the single wire rod (finished product) through the vertical combustion experiment now UL 2005 has asked to cancel the VW-1SC print!
1.SJOOW, SOW... Etc outdoor line, temperature class is marked at -40 C. The 2. shader should be printed on "SHIELDED".
If the 3. conductor is a steel wire, "STEEL CORE" should be printed on the conductor.
4. if the material is TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer), the "TPE insulation and jacket" should be printed.
5.SPT-1, SPT-2, SPT-3 and HPN have ground lines, "Green conductor for Grounding Only" or "Green conductor Green".
Marked on line (non mandatory requirement): when customers have the following requirements, they can print. 1. voltage value.
2.W type can print "water resistant" or "water resistant 60C". Marking on the package (mandatory requirements):
1. company name (or CSA contract number, registered trademark / business name).
2. manufacturing date (at least to year and month), or other recognizable codes. 3. wire type, line diameter and number of bars (such as SPT-2 16AWGX3C).