Waterproof Connector Performance Test Items and Methods
Waterproof connectors, waterproof fiber optics, and industrial connectors all need to pass the layer performance test. Only those products that meet the requirements are quality products and can be delivered to customers. So what specific performance should be tested, and what is the test to achieve a qualified product? Let's take a look at the Kenhon Power Technology Waterproof Connector Test Project and Test Methods.
Anti-electric strength: According to the method of 1005 in GJB1217-1991, under normal temperature and normal pressure, between test conductor and insulator, test voltage (effective value) AC1500V / 50Hz, no breakdown or arcing phenomenon after 1min, ultra-leakage current is less than 2mA .
2. Insulation resistance: According to the method of 1005 in GJB1217-1991, between normal temperature and normal pressure, between test conductor and insulator, test voltage (effective value) DC 500V, insulation resistance is greater than 1000MΩ.
3. Contact resistance: Under normal temperature and normal pressure, the contact resistance is ≤10mΩ under the connection condition of the waterproof connector.
4. Salt spray test: unplugged connector According to the method 1001 of GJB1217-1991, the connector is subjected to a sodium chloride solution with a salt solution concentration of 5%, and a neutral salt spray test at a temperature of 35 ± 2 ° C for 48 hours. , there is no corrosion that affects performance.
5. Waterproof performance: Under normal temperature and normal pressure, the male and female connectors of the waterproof connector are inserted into the nut and placed in 1m deep clear water. The test time is 4 hours, and there is no water seepage inside the connector. After standing at normal temperature and pressure for 30 minutes, the test for electric strength, insulation resistance and contact resistance are all required.
6. Contact separation force: single hole separation force is 1.0-4.0N.
7. Mechanical life: According to the GJB1217-1991 method of 2016, the contact pieces are inserted and removed 3000 times. The friction surface of the contact parts allows the coating to be slightly worn, but the base metal is not exposed, and there is no mechanical damage affecting the performance. The contact resistance is in accordance with the requirements of Test Section 3.3.
8. Temperature resistance: The sample is energized, and the current is gradually increased to the specified maximum current, and the temperature of the incubator is increased to the specified maximum temperature for 250 hours, and the connector works normally.
9. Inter-compliance: Free connectors and fixed connectors of the same model specification shall be fully inserted and separated.
10. Test environment: Unless otherwise specified, normal temperature and pressure refer to temperature 15 ° C ~ 35 ° C, relative humidity 45% ~ 75%, atmospheric pressure 86KPa ~ 106KPa.